Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Birthday Cake

I am not now nor have I ever been a baker. So I'm still yet to realize the wisdom in my deciding to make my darling Granddaughter a birthday cake for her first birthday. And not just any old birthday cake but an iced Winnie the Pooh birthday cake.


So the colour isn't totally correct and the icing needs a bit more practice and the facial features make him look like he should be in a horror movie not a kid's movie... but given I've never iced a cake before... I'm totally impressed with myself.



3 comments:

Gypsy said...

Instead of saying 'look at all this stuff that's not right' You should have just said "First posh iced cake and I F@%*ing rocked it!!"

Glenz said...

Gypsy - you have such a way with words.

Unknown said...

Thanks Gypsy and Glenna. I am still grinning about the cake. I loved making it and I did love the final result. I was ready to start the next cake seconds after I finished the first one.
And yes I need to leave my perfectionist hat on the hook at times like this.
I SO ROCK AT THIS CAKE DECORATING STUFF!!