We have the same taste in music, television, movies and our senses of humour are the same, warped and wicked and dry and sarcastic and not everyone gets it... but I digress...
We are both AVID True Blood fans so it seemed natural that what I sent her should be something along those lines.
I really love the way this turned out... not quite how I planned it... had a bit of a oppsy... but I managed to cover it up and I think it works.
The cover opened up to see the front and the back.
I used Bazzill White cardstock and left it completely plain. I measured the size I wanted, scored a 1/4 inch spine and folded it to form a mini folder.
I then mixed equal parts of Semco Acrylic "Classic Red" and Pebbles Inc "Red" to get the shade of red that I wanted for my blood, then thinned the mixture out with water to get the consistency I wanted in order to get the drips.
Front cover... complete with mistake and cover up.
In order to create the drips, I loaded a reasonably fine paint brush with some of my liquid blood then scraped the bristles along the top of the cardstock effectively wiping the paint off the bristles, all while I held the cardstock upright to encourage gravity to do its job.
This was somewhat of an exercise in patience. I made sure I didn't overload the brush each time as I didn't want all the drips to flow down to the bottom. For the shortest drips, I used one or two "scraping" of liquid blood. For the medium drips was three or four "scrapings" and the longest drips were five or six "scrapings" of blood.
Close-up of my "finger prints".
I don't think I will ever make it on the police force. I struggled to get clear finger prints... even after a few trials on scrap paper LOL - but then as we all know I am a self-confessed perfectionist and I usually think I can do things better!!