Sunday, March 3, 2013

Valentine's Swap - Tags

The final swap for the month was for Valentine's Themed Tags.

Valentine's has become a non-event for my husband and I over the past two years... his choice not mine, so to be honest this year I'm a little anti-Valentines (sorry, and yes I don't know why I still signed up for all these swaps either??!!!??). So I guess my tag has somewhat of a dark tip of the hat to the day. (Skulls aren't normally associated with Valentines)
Here are all the tags, lined up. The backgrounds are all a little different, which I love about this technique.
I stamped the tag with newspaper column background stamp from the Glitz Design Clear Stamp Distressing Set Two using Ranger Ink Archival Ink - Coffee.
I then coloured over the top of the tag using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany with my foam ink applicators. I misted the tags with water then dried them all with my heat gun - favourite technique!!!
I stamped the tags with embossing ink and then heated embossed each tag with Detail Embossing Powder.
I hand stitches flourishes based on the Bazzill In-Stitchz "Flourishes" template which I modified to get the look I wanted. I highlighted each of the swirls with a black rhinestones.
I made the rosettes from textured black patterned paper using the Tim Holtz Alterations - Mini Paper Rosettes die affixing red buttons on the front of the rosette for some added spice.
To finish off the tags, I stapled two strips of tulle folded in half into the corner of the tag before gluing three small KaiserCraft roses on top which I had misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Candy Corn, Pink Poodle and Lobster.
Here are some close-ups of some of the details.

No comments: