Monday, March 4, 2013

Mini Challenge - Altered Puzzle Piece

Many of the girls (sorry yes we are all female and no it's not because we don't want any guys, just that none have signed up) from the Scrappers Obsessionz Group have also joined the SO group on Facebook, mainly because most of us spend far too much time on there. We are looking for new members so please look us up on Facebook or message me here and I can send you an invite to the group.

Someone in the group recently complained about still missing their mojo after the Christmas break so the challenge was laid and thus our weekly Mojo Challenge came about. Joining in is entirely optional. We can join in each week, not at all or only some weeks... which great for those who have some weeks busier than other weeks.

So far I have only managed to join in one week's challenge... though not for a lack of trying - I searched for a week for a antique key to alter to no avail. Any way the week I did join in was for an altered puzzle piece with a Valentine's theme (again I hear you say)...

I started with a chipboard base... the design for the final shape was based on one of my Granddaughter's puzzles. I painted the edges and covered the front with a scrap of patterned paper from my scrap stash. The patterned paper already had glitter accents, but I added a little more Kindy Glitz - Hot Pink to intensify the glitter a little more.
I added a title "Love Life" using white glitter self adhesive letters from Making Memories "Cheeky Shimmer Stickers" - White. I found a heart with wings from an old pre-made embellishments Wedding themed set and added this to the corner. I highlighted the wings with some Kindy Glitz - Crystaline to go with the patterned paper and glitter letters.
I created three charm chains with various charms and beads and added a tiny pink bow to each chain.
And to finish it off I added feathers in bright yellow and hot pink.

It's not strictly a Valentine's theme but it does have a positive, loving message and bright colours always make me feel better, so I think it was appropriate for the challenge.

No comments: