Friday, September 20, 2013

ATC - Shabby Bird Cage

For this month's ATC on Artistic Creationz the theme was "Shabby Bird Cage".

The base is recycled cardboard from some packaging which I wrapped in the recycled pages from a book I am in the process of altering.
I painted these very roughly with some KaiserCraft acrylic paints in Antique White and Mocha to tone down the typography a little. The antique white was in the centre of the ATC, while the Mocha was around the top left and bottom right corners only.
I stamped a vine/leaf pattern using a mix of green VersaColour inks then the hanging birdcage image using VersaMark ink which I heat embossed with detail black embossing powder with my trusty heat tool. The stamps were all from the Couture Creations "Ornate Garden Collection".
I dripped some mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang from the top of the card. I used from the Starburst "Haunted Halloween" Set the Freaky Franken-Lime and from the Starburst " Sweet Treats" Set the Milk Chocolate Brown and Dark Chocolate Truffle mists.
Once the mists had dried I attached the little apricot bows and then adhered the pearls in place to highlight the design of the hanger.



Products used and available from Scrap FX Ltd

No comments: