Friday, October 9, 2009

It's About Time

I can hear a chorus of voices all calling out the same thing... its about time you got your act together and finally actually posted something on your blog... Well here it is, at last!

I am a scrapbooker, wannabe photographer (need a new camera, but need to be able to afford it first), step-mum, nana and currently unemployed bum aka accountant. Given that I'm currently not working and yet seem to have no time in my day to do everything that I want to do, I'm at a loss as to how I even managed to fit in working a full-time job as well as everything else I do.

Aside from the unemployment bit, my life, in general, is fairly interesting to put it politely... no doubt more on that as we get to know one another. Anyway today is my eldest step-daughter's 20th birthday... well technically yesterday as it's now after midnight, but you know what I mean. It is also now over four months since I had a job, and aside from the whole not having any money thing, it's really not too bad.  


I spent most of last week away at Scrap Camp, where I taught two classes on mini albums and despite starting the first class a little hesitant about my abilities, ended up thoroughly enjoying myself and wondering why I wasn't doing more of this in real life. I will add some photos of the two albums in the next day or two as I haven't actually taken any photos of the completed projects.



Note to self: take photos, hurry up and clean scrapbook studio, get website sorted out and get classes started! And to those who know me well, yes I know I have been saying this for some time. I'm a procrastinator... it's a hard habit to break.


Anyway I am making progress re cleaning studio, have at least almost completely unpacking after Scrap Camp, and can find nearly everything, though I am in desperate need of more storage, despite the recent addition of the two new cupboards, so if anyone has one lying around doing nothing, please send it my way. I'm sure I can find a home for it here, and it will feel comfortable, wanted and most importantly loved by me.


Here a photo of the beloved cupboards that I built and decorated myself that are currently bursting at the seams... need to start somewhere and here is as good a place as any.


Chat to you soon

No comments: