Friday, September 10, 2010

Crafting Passionz - Pin Swap

I recently signed up for a forum created especially for Australians and New Zealanders (at last I hear some people say). You can find it at Crafting Passionz


One of the first things I signed up to join in was a swap of Stickpins. I didn't even know what was meant by this so after some You Tubing away I went.


I purchased the corsage pins at my local fabric/haberdashery shop and the beads & charms were from my jewelery making stash.


I coloured the green pin heads with an American Craft Slick Writer Pen (medium head) though you can also use a Copic Marker for that. I love the slightly marbled effect of this colouring. I then threaded on the Blue Mountain beads and seed beads holding the final bead in place with Diamond Glaze.


The white pin heads are the natural colour. I used a ball head headpin threaded through the red/white bead. I created the loop in the end which I linked to the heart charm using a small jump ring, then added another jump ring to the other side of the heart which I looped over the pin. I add the crystal beads and spacers, again holding on the final bead with Diamond Glaze.


The small cases were made from cardstock which I sprayed with my DIY Glimmer Mist in various colours. I then stamped an image on top before grunging the edges inside & out of the cardstock using a Distress Ink. After making the folds I then punched the holes using my Crop-o-dile before finally threading the ribbons through to tie the package closed. Last but not least I recycled some packaging from some rubber stamps which I trimmed to size and pushed the decorated pins into so as to safely keep them in the case.


These really were so quick and easy to make. The hardest thing was deciding what beads to decorate the pin with.





No comments: