Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Mail

A week or so ago I received a strange email which at first glance I thought might have been spam or an attempt at sending me a virus or the like. It was a notification from the US Postal service that my parcel was in the post and here was the tracking number so I can check on progress. Given my current tight financial situation and the fact I haven't whipped the credit card out for some time I was a little dubious at first... one might even say suspicious. I very nearly blocked it and sent it straight to the junk folder never to be seen or heard from again... but I hesitated. The sender's name didn't look that suspicious, I mean it was quite a nice name and had connotations of a possible link to something crafty, so I figured I would do some digging instead.
I googled the sender's name and then also searched it in Facebook as Google was being difficult at the time. Low and behold there was indeed a company page on Facebook and I had liked the page (definitely a promising sign). When I scrolled down a little there was a message announcing the winners of a competition the company had run on Facebook. Well colour me surprised when I discovered my name as one of the four lucky winners.
Long story short, I entered a competition on Facebook run by Heartfelt Creations (a US Scrapbooking Company) and I was selected as one of the four lucky winners. The prize... a full set of their about to be released collection "Sun Kissed Fleur" worth over USD$180.00!!
Needless to say... I then waited somewhat impatiently for my parcel to arrive. While waiting I sent a heartfelt thank you to the company via email, as well as on their Facebook page and then I went looking to see what the prize consisted of. A few YouTube videos later as well as a look at their company website and before I knew it, my not so mystery parcel had turned up.
I've made a video of the opening of the parcel so you can see that on my YouTube channel shortly... (I will edit and add the link when it's there)... but for now here are some pictures of these wonderful products which I will be christening over the upcoming long weekend (if not before).
WOW - Look at all that crafty goodness. This is the complete "Sun Kissed Fleur Collection" the latest release from Heartfelt Creations. Their website is http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/
The 12" x 12" Paper Collection Pack. You can see all the pages (both sides) in my YouTube video. 
The paper is a very nice quality, heavyweight, textured paper and the colours are so intense and vibrant despite being a muted colour palette. I think the designs are ideal for both masculine and feminine pages so would be perfect for a layout for a couple.
The pack consists of two sheets of every design including the tags page and the 3" x 4" journal block pages both of which can be used as whole pages or cut apart.
The two Spellbinders Dies included with the collection.
 More on this die later... but wow... it cuts 12 flowers at once!!
Cut four of this die, adhere the lacey side edges together, then interweave the top and bottom flaps for a totally adorable gift box! I will make some examples so be sure to check back on the end results! 
 Can you believe this?? SIX sets of rubber stamps...and all coordinated!!
 Tags and background stamps.
Clusters and corner/borders .
Two sets of flowers.
But wait... don't they look vaguely alike??
Why yes they do. The set to the left has a textured/shading look when stamped, while the set to the right produces flowers with stripes. 
But why are the flowers exactly the same shape and size I hear you ask...
The two stets of individual flowers are designed to be stamped images which are then die cut with the coordinating die plate. So one press of stamp for 12 flower images and then one pass of the die through your die cut machine and instantly 12 stamped individual flowers ready for colouring and shaping into 3D flowers for your layout or project. 
Now doesn't that sound exciting. Guess what I will be doing over the long weekend!! Flowers, flowers everywhere I am predicting!!
Once again I want to publicly share my gratitude to Heartfelt Creations for their generosity. This collection is beautiful and will definitely be used in my crafting. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I can't wait to get all your products out to finally start to craft with them.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Lucky you! That's awesome and well deserved I look forward to seeing your creations. xo

Unknown said...

Thank you Gypsy. It is an awesome prize and I am very grateful. Have had a little play so far with the dies, but looking forward to really trying everything out soon.