Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Neon Testing...

When I finally got my Golden Paints Florescent Colours home I couldn't wait to try them out so I just had to throw together a really quick journal page... though to be honest it's not really a journal page it's just some paint splatters that look so totally awesome on the page.
Golden High Flow Acrylics are a new paint line that can go from brush to marker to dip pen. From fine lines to broad strokes, High Flow Acrylic has an ink-like consistency that is incredibly versatile. The paints are quite liquid (hence "high flow") yet don't lose any of their intensity of colour. When added on top of other water based products such as the Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Mist on this page, the colours blend easily to create even more depth and variety.
The colours used here are:
Fluorescent Chartreuse
Fluorescent Orange
Fluorescent Pink
Fluorescent Blue
Fluorescent Green
I started by misting my page with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio "Danny Zuko's Denim". I placed down some punchinella (sequin remnants) in two sizes on my page then misted parts of the page. I then turned each piece of punchinella over to colour the page using the reverse print of the stencil.
I dropped individual drips of each of the Golden High Flow Fluorescent colours onto the page then using an ordinary drinking straw, blew the paint around the page.
I love the colours...
I love the fine detailed lines I was able to achieve through this technique...
I love the blending between the paints and the mists...
I love the background from both misted and stencil reverse print from the punchinella...
I will definitely be trying this again on a proper art journal page, very soon!!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

very effective Paula. Great colours

Carrie said...

Very cool and colourful Paula. I can see you having loads of fun with those!

Unknown said...

Thank you Dawn. I was pleasantly surprised with out they did move across the page and I love the transparency of them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Carrie.
Throw back to the 80's!! I knew they had to come back again. Not sure I'll be wearing any fluro off-the-shoulder sweatshirts and leg warmers but definitely will be having a lot of fun when I use them in my crafting!