Saturday, October 1, 2011

Christmas Craft Challenge - We Want You

Many fellow scrapbookers and crafters not only create their hands on crafting but they also create some digi-crafting by way of writing and posting to a blog.
For some it is a means of showing off their creations to the world, even if their world is only viewed by the 10 or 11 people who follow their blog... (read me). For others their blog is followed religiously by hundreds if not thousands of crafters who dote on every word, marvel at every creations and aspire to be just as talented and creative (ok even 1/10 as creative) as their inspiration... (read Tim Holtz, Ali Edwards, Laura Denison, Becky Fleck... we all have our favourites...). And of course there are the amazingly creative people who fit some where between these two extremes.
No matter which end of the spectrum you fit, or even if you admire all these bloggers but don't actually have your own blog, we all love to see each others creations. 
We love to see new tools and products and drool about having them in our own stash. We love to learn new techniques and be reminded of old techniques refreshed with a new twist. We love to see what our fellow crafters can create so that we can soak up some of their inspiration and scraplift from them and create our own versions or something completely new and different.
There is something about Christmas time that really seems to inspire crafters. I'm not sure if it is the impending cold Winter season in the Northern Hemisphere or the promised refreshing and energising effects of Summer for the Southern Hemisphere or maybe its just the spirit of the season and the joy of giving and receiving gifts. To be honest - who cares why - we all just love that it happens. Christmas just inspires creativity.
This year will be my third annual Christmas Craft Challenge. This is a challenge I issue myself to inspire and encourage my mojo and creativity; and this year I am putting it out into the world in the hopes of some kind of a  response (other than the echo of my own voice).
I challenge all the crafters of the world to join in sharing your creativity this Christmas.
So what are the guidelines... (rules sounds so formal and stuffy)

  1. Your creations/crafting must somehow be Christmas related (though that is intentionally broad in its scope - for instance in the past I have included the next year's altered diary and calendar);
  2. Your creations/crafting must be something you have created yourself, though they don't necessarily have to be new creations. If you want to share previous creations by all means, please do. It also doesn't matter if your creation is re-purposed, from a kit or created from scratch as long as you did it and you are not trying to take credit for someone else's creation. If you receive an item as a gift, that's OK, but please share the gift giver with us as well.
  3. Your creations/crafting can include craft related presents/gifts you give or receive as Secret Santa Swaps or other presents - as long as there is a craft element to it (I will be posting my Secret Santa Swap)
  4. You can post as many times and as often as you like during the Challenge Period (1st - 24th December) or as little/few times.
  5. Your creation must be posted in a blog... otherwise how can you share it with everyone else?
  6. If you are joining in the challenge whether you post once or 100 times, I would really love to know about it, so I can post a link in my blog.
That's it!

You have until 30th November to let me know you are joining in the challenge (or even just following along). Just send me your name and a link to your blog and I will add your details to the list to be posted on 1st December this year.

If you would like ideas about craft items to create, you can check out some of my previous creations in my archive or just google for millions of ideas.
There are no restrictions as to type of craft but here are some ideas...
  • Papercraft
  • Scrapbooking
  • Card Making
  • Off the Page
  • Altered Items
  • Mixed-Media Creations
  • Hybrid Scrapbooking/Crafting
  • Digital Scrapbooking/Crafting
  • Baking
  • Sewing
  • Advent Calendars
  • Gifts
  • Gift Wrapping
  • Gift Tags
  • Swaps
  • ATC's
  • Ornaments
  • Decorations
  • Banners
  • Table Displays
  • Wreaths
  • Floral Arrangements
  • Christmas Organisation Tools
  • and I'm sure you can think of many, many more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Paula would love to be part of this but we are moving to the north island in December but would love to follow it and check out the creations
take care
shar

Unknown said...

I totally understand Shar. Moving is a hassle when you are just going across town, let alone from one island to the other. (I've done it myself so I know what it's like.)
The more followers the better. Lots of fantastic creative people creating lots of fantastic inspiration for the rest of us mere mortals LOL!

Christmas Island said...

Loved the idea think I will do this for Christmas too. AlsoI have a box for Christmas cards works great!