Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2012

I can't remember where I discovered the Sketchbook Project 2012, I just know I stumbled upon it at random a couple of days ago. Since then I have read the website from start to finish and back again several times. I've ummed and ahhed about whether to do it or not, whether I could justify the cost let alone the time and effort and then finally tonight (or should I say this morning) I finally made up my mind. JUST DO IT - So I am.
So I have signed up, committed myself and my creativity to the project. WHY... because when I asked myself whether I would regret doing the project more or would I regret not doing the project more... and there was only one answer.
So what is the Sketchbook Project? To quote the website...



It's like a concert tour, but with sketchbooks.


Thousands of sketch books will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the world.
After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.
The project is open to anyone from anywhere in the world. Sign ups close on 31st October 2011 and sketchbooks need to be submitted (post marked) by 31st January 2012.
The tour makes it to Australia but unfortunately not to New Zealand, though I have paid for my completed sketchbook to be digitized so that it will be available online for anyone around the world to view even if you can't make it to The Brooklyn Art Library.
If you want to know more then click here to find out about the project. I will be updating you with progress here on my blog, on twitter and on Facebook.
  • To follow along here - click follow in the right hand column of the blog
  • To follow on twitter - search my twitter name ScrapFX
  • To follow on Facebook - click on the Facebook batch in the right hand column of the blog
I can't wait for my sketchbook to arrive!!

No comments: