Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MOJO Update

Blog Post Time...


I think I may finally have found some of my MOJO. I'm not saying I don't still have a long way to go to get that fully inspired, pumping out the layouts, don't stop me I'm creating vibe but I'm definitely feeling closer to it than I was around the time of my last post.
What has brought this on I hear you ask (but tough if you didn't ask as you are about to hear)... a number of people and things... some good, some not so good but all worth sharing.

  1. The Six Week Beginner Scrapbooking Course I am running that starts this coming weekend. It still needs a really cool name, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Sharing my passion for scrapping always inspires me.
  2. My wonderful, thoughtful and always inspirational friend Gypsy (who's own blog can be found here) who so generously sent me a huge packet of MOJO and inspiration after having read my last post. Lots of amazing ideas to make my own, especially for my upcoming Christmas Craft Challenge.
  3. I've discovered a very cool group of inspirational scrapbookers and crafters who I have joined the ranks of at Scraps of Darkness. This group won't be everyone's cup of tea or vial of poison but if you are interested in exploring the dark side of your scrapping and crafting then head along and join in. Let them know that I sent you (ScrapFX) and that way we both get a little something extra by way of referral rewards.
  4. The warm weather, bright sunshine, extra vitamin D and the knowledge that Summer is just around the corner. Even though I'm not a fan of the extra heat... I'd rather be colder than hotter... there is still something invigorating about Summer.
  5. The New Zealand national rugby team, the All Blacks, winning the Rugby World Cup for 2011 and being the world champs for the next four years. Being in the company of greatness will always inspire and encourage you to go the extra mile yourself.
  6. Having a heart to heart, no holds barred, tears and tantrums (okay no tantrums but lots of tears) with someone who understands, appreciates, sympathises and encourages you. Who offers an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and a foot to boot you up the butt when you have wallowed in self-pity for long enough. Thank you, you know who you are.
  7. Discovering a new addiction... Pinterest. This is like a world-wide pin board of really cool people sharing all the really cool things that inspire them with lots of really cool people looking to be inspired. You have to be invited to join Pinterest, but if this takes your fancy, then let me know and I can send you an invite.
  8. Having a deep and meaningful conversation with myself during which I started to acknowledge some truths, dispelled some myths, created some new beliefs and admitted to myself that I am not now, nor do I ever have to be perfect, nor always right, nor always wrong and I definitely don't have to deal with day to day (insert whatever descriptive words you like) "stuff" alone - that's what I have a darling husband, a supportive family and encouraging and at times painfully honest friends for.
I didn't get as much creating done as I wanted over the long weekend, but this is what I did come up with. This collection of creations is very much like the person that I am. A myriad of extremes and contradictions from the bright and simple to the dark and mysterious. It's no wonder I still can't define my scrapping style... maybe my style is just beyond definition!
Sorry quality isn't the best as the lighting here is shocking. 
Not sure if I need to add something else other than the title to the Butterfly layout. Just thought it was too cute not to add. I really love the way the feathers turned out as a frame for the main photo.
This is the third picture in a series for my mother's surprise 60th birthday party. This time the photos of the cake are both intentionally blurred and softened, though again the photo quality doesn't do them justice but I have a solution... I just need to try it so watch this space. I love the effect of the layered stamping on this layout though of course it looks better in real life. Maybe I need to ask Santa for a new camera for Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Rocking Paper and Scissors- a six week starter course for telling the stories of your life.

Carrie said...

Paper, Scissors, Crop - a beginners guide to the basics of scrapbooking.

Love your layouts and glad your MOJO is on it's way back.