Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2012 - Pages 5

At last the final installment of my Sketchbook Project entry... for this year at least!!
I wanted to make sure that my journal had a uniquely New Zealand feel, so I made sure I used New Zealand designed patterned paper on both the front and back covers. A couple of delicate rub-on scrolls to finish the corners and some gaffer tape to cover the spine. The title is chipboard, painted white (to stand out on the deep green patterned paper) and coated with Glossy Accents to finish.
And a quick glance at the gaffer tape on the spine.
The front page - the first page anyone viewing my Sketch Book will see.
Quote:
"The phoenix hope can wing her way through the desert skies and still defying fortunes spite, revive from ashes and rise."
Miguel de Cervantes
The back cover - the patterned paper is pre-printed with "Aroha". The rub-on scrolls the same as the front and the official label with the bar-code that had to stay on the back of the sketch book.
 Finally the inscription I wrote inside the back cover.

No comments: