Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentine's Stick Pins

I don't know what it is about them, but I just love Stick Pins. It could just be that I love the bling, simple as that. You can look back over an earlier blog post on some of my stick pins here though I'm sure there are others as well.


Here is the latest instalment for a Valentine's swap I participated in on the Crafting Passionz forum. I want to share not only the Stick Pins I made but also the envelope that I presented them in.


Why is this important? 
The obvious reason is of course the health & safety aspect - yes even in scrapbooking we still need to play safe. For starters these needed to be posted to the swap host before being sent to the other participants. The last thing I want to happen is someone to get jabbed by one of my pins so I always make sure I push the ends of the pins into some firm foam or the like. Of course this thing looks a bit "daggy" so it's only natural to gussy the presentation up a bit to make it all "look so pretty" - reason number 2.


Red Pin "I LOVE YOU"
This pin is a traditional red and silver to represent the universally accepted colours associated with Valentine's Day and declarations of Love. It carries a heart and a declaration of love for that someone special.
White Pin "Pure Love"
This pin, in white and silver, represents pure or true love. When you find that someone special that you are meant to spend the rest of your life with, you just know that no matter what, your love will conquer all. It will always stay strong regardless of the obstacles you face.
Blue and Pink Pin "Marriage"
This pin represents the traditional love of a husband and wife. The blue and pink find a way to blend harmoniously together to form a strong bond that is hard to break. Alone we may feel weak and the cracks may show, but together we can face whatever the world puts in our way.
The patterned paper is some scraps from some old Breezy Designs paper. I've cut it into a heart using the smallest of the large Fiskars templates. I inked the edges then stamped a collage of Hero Arts swirl stamps over the heart in White and Baby Blue Chalk Ink. I finished off with a Fancy Pants sentiment stamp "Create Art". Finally I adhered the heart and pins inside a pre-cut petal envelope. I picked up a bag of 10 on sale at K-Mart for only a couple of dollars.
To finish off the outside I stamped this adorable KaiserCraft corner sentiment stamp from their LOVE Hearts Valentine's Day Collection.

No comments: