Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Circle Journal - 2012 Part 2

Having pumped up the cover a couple of notches I then had to do the same with the pages inside. I had always planned on making my journal interactive. I LOVE interactive pages in journals. And often create interactive elements in any pages I create in other people's circle journals - just a heads up in you ever do a journal with me. Not sure why... like I've always said, I just love to experiment in Circle Journals and mini albums.
Rather than just straight pages for my circle journal, I have included pages that can be opened out. Even though the journal itself is 8 1/2" x 6", the page when opened out is actually 8 1/2" x 11 1/2". It's kind of like one of those kids books which go "Who is hiding behind the flap?" and the kid has to flip the page out to see who is behind it.


On the first page, before its flipped open are some interesting definitions of "Inspiration" which I found while googling.
Then here is my instruction page. At the moment the instructions are written onto acetate / transparency which just sits over the colour background and title. I'm not sure if this is going to be the final format or not. I'm not happy with it, but not sure what I want to do instead. I couldn't get the acetate to photograph well at all... so you will just have to imagine what it looks like. Still you can see the background with title... not the same I know, but beggars can't be choosers. It was really hard to get the intensity of the colours on all the pages. Think I need to work on a better lighting set up.
Alas the sign in sheet at the back of the journal is pretty much in its original format and style, though this may change upon the return of my journal. With this page I turned the interactive "flap" into a pocket to hold the sign in tags.
 It just looks so drab...
And then there is the tag, to which I have added ribbons in light and dark blue and green to match the colour scheme.
 I thought about doing the writing in black, like you will see on my actual pages, but I decided it would be too difficult to read especially given the size of my hand writing. The white makes a nice change.

No comments: