Thursday, March 1, 2012

I am in Love...

Truly, madly, deeply and head over heels in love 
with the three new Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations dies I just bought.


I know I'm a little late coming to the party with these as they have been around for a while now. 
Let me just say...

  • All good things come to (s)he who waits.
  • Patience is a virtue...
  • Never run after a man or a bus. There will always be another one.
  • Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
  • The secret of patience is doing something else in the meantime.
  • Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
  • Patience is passion tamed.
I digress...
I have been promising myself to get some of these dies since I first laid my eyes on them. I have lusted after them much as a chocoholic might lust after Cadbury's favourites in that tapered, sexy, purple box, with the see-through window that gives you a hint of the delicacies enclosed. The bright coloured wrappers that caress the aphrodisiacs encased within. The merest hint of luxurious decadence that wafts from the slimmest of cracks in the top of the box. The craving educing pictures on the back of the box that expose the naked flesh of the chocolate morsels after you have stripped them of their gowns of foil...

Anyway...
I finally did it.
I am now the proud owner of these dies...


I tried my new babies last night, through some card (recycled cereal packets) and can I say that these cut the best of ANY of my die cut dies... hence why I felt the need to gloat and extol their virtues.
There seems to be only one small piece that does cut well, but I'm still investigating the cause. Overall however, a definite 10 out of 10 for ease of use, through a thick material. I will definitely be getting a whole lot of use out of these in the very near future.
And if you are in the South Auckland area remember these dies and all my other tools are available for use during Friday night crops. For more information about dates of crops, studio address and to book your spot either email me paula@scrapfx.co.nz or send me a message through my website www.scrapfx.co.nz - just click on "Contacts" - you'll find that listed on the left under Information.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Love the flower one I've been eyeing that for a while too. Happy times- have fun.... as if that needs saying.