Monday, March 26, 2012

More Colour Warm Ups

I really enjoyed creating my last lot of colour warm ups so I decided to do some more a few days later. This time I went for a cool colour palette as I have some layouts to create for my nephew's baby album (even though he's nearly 2). I figured doing something in blues would get me into a more masculine mood.


A bit of playing later and these are what I came up with... no layouts but at least I'm feeling a little more creative. I might need to invest in a stop watch or an egg timer so I move to the actual creating from the warm ups.


L-R
1 -  Acrylic Paints & Glimmer Mist - I created this one after the third one so just used the paint still on the spatula. This meant the paint was thinner and pre-mixed before I spread it on the card. Once dried spritz with glimmer mist. I ended up with some really well patches of glimmer mist so I moved the cardstock to get some drips. 
2 -  Acrylic Paints & Glimmer Mist - This was really just cleaning off the excess paint from the spatula. In some places it is thinner but in other thicker layers.
3 - Acrylic Paints & Glimmer Mist - Small blobs of 3 or 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at intervals up and down the paper. Then disbursed using a mini spatula (credit card or the like) moved the length of the cardstock in a loose waving movement. Once dried spritz with homemade mist and glimmer mist. The homemade mists were also dripped on the cardstock to give the distinctive circles.
L-R
1 -   Radiant Rain Paint Dabbers & Glimmer Mist I removed the dabber from the Radiant Rain and painted the cardstock directly using a Zig Water Brush. Once dried spritz with three different glimmer mists and colour mists. 
2 -   Acrylic Paints - Small blobs of 3 or 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at intervals up and down the paper. Then disbursed using a mini spatula (credit card or the like) moved the length of the cardstock in a loose waving movement. I passed over the cardstock several times, filling in any gaps to add colour. Kind of looks like waves.
3 -  Acrylic Paints & Glimmer Mist - This was really just cleaning off the excess paint from the spatula. Once dried spritz with three different glimmer mists and colour mists.
L-R
1 -    Acrylic Paints - Small blobs of 3 or 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at intervals up and down the paper. Then disbursed using a mini spatula (credit card or the like) moved the length of the cardstock in a loose waving movement. I passed over the cardstock several times, filling in any gaps to add colour. I used the light green to lighten the blues which were looking quite dark. The lighter colour range seemed more suited for a page for a young child.
2 -   Acrylic Paints - Small blobs of 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at one end of the paper. Then spread in a straight line using a mini spatula.  Once dried spritz with glimmer mist.
3 -  Acrylic Paints - This was really just cleaning off the excess paint from the spatula. The olive circles were blobs from a paint dabber.
L-R
1 - Heat embossed powder, Acrylic Paint Dabber, Glimmer Mist - I stamped the cardstock with clear embossing ink, dusted with white embossing powder which I heat set. I dabbed the entire card with black paint dabber and wiped it down with a tissue especially over the embossed part. Finally I spritzed with two contrasting glimmer mists.
2 -    Heat embossed powder, Radiant Rain Paint Dabber, Glimmer Mist - I stamped the cardstock with clear embossing ink, dusted with clear embossing powder which I heat set. I painted the entire card with Radiant Rain paint using a Zig paint brush and wiped down the embossed part with a tissue. Finally I spritzed with glimmer mist.
3 -   Heat embossed powder, Acrylic Paint Dabber, Glimmer Glaze and Glimmer Mist - I stamped the cardstock with clear embossing ink, dusted with white embossing powder which I heat set. I painted over the embossed image with Glimmer Glaze then  wiped down the embossed part with a tissue. Finally I spritzed with glimmer mist. 

L-R
1 - Metallic Acrylic Paints -  Small blobs of 3 or 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at intervals up and down the paper. Then disbursed using a mini spatula (credit card or the like) moved the length of the cardstock in a loose waving movement. As I created this one second, the paints had partly pre-mixed on the spatula. I love the mixture of the copper and pewter paints.
2 -    Heat embossed powder, Acrylic Paint - I stamped the cardstock with clear embossing ink, dusted with white embossing powder which I heat set.  Small blobs of 3 or 4 different colours of acrylic paint placed at intervals up and down the paper. Then disbursed using a mini spatula (credit card or the like) moved the length of the cardstock in a loose waving movement. Then wiped down the embossed part with a tissue. 

No comments: