Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Card Day - Birthday Card

My friend Glenna celebrated her birthday last week and I wanted to do something a little different for her.


I know she loves green and she is a fantastic jewelery maker (she got me started into it) so these were the two things I wanted to incorporate into her card.


The background is some of the napkin patterned paper I demonstrated last week.
The beading is bugle beads threaded onto 26 gauge wire then shaped. The top ends have a double loop through which I threaded a coordinated brad. These are used to hold the beading in place. The bottom end is wrapped around the feathers to keep them in place and again is threaded through to the far side of the patterned paper to keep them attached as well.
I finished off with a couple of flowers and some bling.


This was the first time I have used feathers on any of my paper crafting, though I have used them hundreds of time in my former costume designing and making. I liked the effect and look forward to a lot more experimenting.

1 comment:

Glenz said...

thanks so much for the card, just what the doctor ordered after a trying day at work.