Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Off-The-Page - Journal

I need a journal for some personal development stuff I am doing. I was told to go out and buy something really nice, but I couldn't just leave it like that so I bought a journal in the size I wanted (that luckily managed to have the same sized binding as my Bind-It-All) then covered it.
I really love the personalised look when you cover a journal for yourself or as a gift. 
I used the same technique from my "My Year in Books" album cover.
I had to use one & a bit pages to have enough carried onto the front of the cover to get the coverage I wanted but to be honest you can't see it and as I'm the only one who will be looking at my journal, then what everyone else doesn't know won't hurt them.
The front & back covers are the same except for the decorating on the front cover. And I love that I finally gave myself permission to use the really really REALLY expensive bling I have been saving for that perfect page. It was nice to use something NICE on me instead of everyone else.


FRONT:
BACK:
BOTH:
I love my new journal!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awesome Paula. I love that peeled back look on the cover.