Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fancy A Cuppa?

Here's the second part of Mum's birthday present. I totally love this and very nearly kept it for myself.
I'd seen the lovely ladies on Artistic Creationz make these for a swap and I couldn't do it at the time they all made theirs, so I've just made mine (umm I mean Mum's) now.
I picked up the cup, saucer and plate set at the local Hospice shop for only $5.00 (Don't tell mum I only paid that much for it). I loved the colours and knew they were mum's favourites as well, so figured I was onto a winner. I altered the cup set into a pin cushion.




I half filled the cup with some hobby fill. I cut a circle from some leftover mauve satin I had in my stash, gathered this up and  filled it with more hobby fill. I adhered the satin "ball" in the top of the cup then glued a length of ribbon around the rim of the cup. I added a length of mauve crushed velvet ribbon around the back of the cup and then liberally covered the area with flowers from I Am Roses... which will be available through my shop. I really love the way the cup turned out... and so does Mum, though she did complain that when she finally got it the pins I had added for the photo where not included so I may need to raid my stash to keep her happy (as a good daughter would do :-).

No comments: