This swap was for a set of three coordinated inchies. The theme was open, but we had to use cream, red and black, any, some or all of these colours.
These were my first inchies, I've ever made, so it was really interesting on how to make them. I ended up cutting patterned paper 2" square. Stamped and heat embossed the images with fine black embossing powder. Once there were all done I then coloured a portion of each of the three designs using my Crayola Water Soluble Oil Pastels - two shades of red.
While the pastels had set, I cut recycled cardboard into 1" squares then ran these through my Xyron 150. I adhered these into the middle of each of the embossed patterned paper squares. I mitred each corner then wrapped the edged over onto the back of the cardboard squares. This also had the added benefit I hadn't thought about of giving the inchies dimension when they were attached to the tag.
I cut rectangles of black cardstock 2" x 5.5" (from memory) then rounded the corners with a Fiskers shaped corner punch. I cut some cream ribbon and created a loop at one end and a "V" at the other so the ribbon wouldn't unravel. I then adhered this down the middle of the cardstock tag. To finish off, I attached one of each design of the inchies evenly down the length of the tag. (I just used a single photo slit so that hopefully if the other participants wanted to remove them and use them on another project, this should be easy enough to do.)
We only had to make five sets, but I made a couple of extras.
I really like the way these turned out.
The inchies in detail. I purposely chose images that were larger than 1" so they would wrap over the edge of the inchie. Just random stamps that had a strong line image for the heat embossing.