Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Craft Challenge 2010 - Day 11

December 11th 2010


Altered Candle


This is a very simple and very cheap craft that anyone can do. I bough the candle at a $2 shop, also the bling stars which I have had in my stash forever. The cardstock & patterned paper was from my scrap box.

  1. Measure the circumference of the candle and cut cardstock with a slight overlap.
  2. Repeat with patterned paper - I cut a slightly bit longer to allow for the extra thickness then trimmed the overhang once I had curved the cardstock & patterned paper to fit.
  3. Along each long side of the cardstock adhere a strip of double sided tape.
  4. Peel off one strip then sprinkle with glitter. Repeat for the other side.
  5. Adhere the patterned paper, centering between the glitter strips.
  6. Wrap the cardstock around the candle adhering only along the side seam. (The cardstock should be able to slip up & down the candle if pushed, but not so loose that it slides off.)
  7. Add the bling/glitter stars to finish.

No comments: