Today's challenge item is a Memory Tin with Mini Accordion Album that fits inside.
The tin is a pre-loved Jarra 99% fat free Hot Chocolate tin... my poison of choice so I have a few.
- Covered the tin top to bottom with patterned paper. Had to do a patch job as the tin is about 12 3/4" in diameter, but strategic placement of embellishments can hide a multitude of sins.
- Added my hills - hand cut coordinated patterned paper (just hand cut random rolling hills then matched them up at the seam.
- Add ribbon strip which I had run through Xyron (only way to go).
- Embellished tin with glitter trees and 3D foam back stars.
- Cut front & back cover from cardboard (heavy card or book board).
- Cover outside of album covers with patterned paper, mitre corners and fold edges over to the back side of the covers.
- Cut strips of coordinated cardstock & fold into accordion album. I cut three strips then taped them altogether to create one long strip.
- Attach ends of cardstock strips to the front & back cover.
- Decorate pages with coordinating papers & embellishments.
- Decorate the front cover of your album to match the embellishments used on the tin.
- Insert the album & any other small gifts into the tin.
This is a wonderful present and perfect for using up both your scraps of paper as well as re-purposing what might otherwise be something to be just thrown away.