Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Craft Challenge 2010 - Day 13

December 13th 2010

Chocolate Marshmallow Truffles

One of the foods synonymous with Christmas for me is truffles. Those bite sized mouthfuls of chocolate usually coated in coconut or cocoa and often laced with a hint of liqueur of some description.
As nice as they might be, I've never actually made them (that I can remember) until now. And that is all thanks to my son Kurt, who made them in his Home Economics (or whatever it is called now) class at Rosehill High School a couple of weeks ago. He made some at home a few days after the class, and let me say they were rather more-ish, so I decided to try them for myself. I was also thinking nothing beats home baking as a Christmas gift.
I will be creating some 6x6 pages for my recipe book of this recipe and my other Christmas favourite - Ambrosia - and I will post these once they are done. 
I re-purposed a Ferrero Rocher chocolate box. Added a cardstock strip, some white & silver ribbon then decorated with aqua, navy & silver stars in two sizes. These colours matched the pale blue mini cupcake cases I put each truffle into within the box.

No comments: