Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Craft Challenge 2010 - Day 3

December 3rd 2011


Christmas Present Tags are essential when you are giving presents to more than one person. Many an embarrassing moment has occurred when one has been neglected from a present... who is it from and who is it to??? (My own family has been guilty of this Christmas faux pas so I speak from experience.)
In the past I have generally resorted to a roll of self-adhesive, fill in the details then slap them on the present tags but this year I have made my own. 
I perhaps didn't think about my design enough, as happens when I shoot from the hips but I still think they look cool and hey this way I can turn them into a mini album afterwards.


  1. Cut tags out of scrap cardstock using my Fiskars shape cutter & template.
  2. Dry embossed tags using Provocraft Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  3. Decorated and highlighted the various embossed designs using chalks, H2O paints and Kindi Glitz. Set chalks with hairspray.
  4. Punched hole in top of tags with my Crop-A-Dile.
  5. Die-cut small tags using Sizzix machine (tried writing onto the back of the embossed tags and it didn't look good so decided to add small tag to write To:/From: message).
  6. Stamped To:/From: onto each tag.
Will write each tag as I wrap presents and tie a decorative tag to a To:/From: tag with coordinated cord then attached to the parcel.
I may need to make some more tags depending upon whether I wrap up presents individually or altogether. I like individually, as it makes me feel like I'm getting more and who doesn't like feeling spoilt at Christmas time.

No comments: