Christmas Present Tags are essential when you are giving presents to more than one person. Many an embarrassing moment has occurred when one has been neglected from a present... who is it from and who is it to??? (My own family has been guilty of this Christmas faux pas so I speak from experience.)
In the past I have generally resorted to a roll of self-adhesive, fill in the details then slap them on the present tags but this year I have made my own.
I perhaps didn't think about my design enough, as happens when I shoot from the hips but I still think they look cool and hey this way I can turn them into a mini album afterwards.
- Cut tags out of scrap cardstock using my Fiskars shape cutter & template.
- Dry embossed tags using Provocraft Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
- Decorated and highlighted the various embossed designs using chalks, H2O paints and Kindi Glitz. Set chalks with hairspray.
- Punched hole in top of tags with my Crop-A-Dile.
- Die-cut small tags using Sizzix machine (tried writing onto the back of the embossed tags and it didn't look good so decided to add small tag to write To:/From: message).
- Stamped To:/From: onto each tag.
Will write each tag as I wrap presents and tie a decorative tag to a To:/From: tag with coordinated cord then attached to the parcel.
I may need to make some more tags depending upon whether I wrap up presents individually or altogether. I like individually, as it makes me feel like I'm getting more and who doesn't like feeling spoilt at Christmas time.