Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Craft Challenge 2011 - Day 3

As if I wasn't already busy enough, I once again joined in some swaps through Crafting Passionz a networking group for New Zealand & Australian scrapbookers & crafters. Not one, but three swaps. So here is the first of these.

Crafting Passionz Swap - Christmas Cards
We each had to create two Christmas Cards to swap with the other participants.
I wrapped some cardstock in tinfoil then embossed it using my Cuttlebug machine and a Christmas Subway themed die. I then dabbed Adirondack Alcohol Inks over the embossing to add some colour. I mounted this on a coordinating cardstock and then directly onto the card itself.
I love the second set of cards for a number of reasons. The colour most definitely - I am a bright, clear colour kind of gal rather than a muted, pastel type of person. I love the Christmas Bauble on the front - they turned out better than I hoped for and more importantly... I love that it can be removed from the card and the ornament used each year as a Christmas decoration either on your tree or hung in the window to catch the light. 

  1. I used these Christmas Bauble die-cuts from Dusty Attic which you can get from my Scrap FX online shop
  2. I painted them with the Creative Imaginations Radiant Rain Paint Dauber in Gold and then Red 
  3. Then some heavy spritzing with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gold. 
  4. After waiting for the paint to dry... OK I used my heat gun to speed up the process... 
  5. I then affixed behind each bauble a small sheet of Angelina Heat Bondable Film using Helmar Tiger Grip Glue.I let this dry at least 30 minutes before trimming around the bauble as close as possible (about 1-2mm edge). Note - I used four different colours, one behind each bauble so they are unique.
  6. I then used my trusty heat gun again to shrink the Angelina Film. It shrinks as it is heated which in turn creates a myriad of amazing colours and colour swirls somewhat akin to the Aurora Borealis lights.
  7. I mounted some patterned & glittered paper onto some cardstock and then the card base.
  8. Punch holes in the top of the card using my Crop-O-Dile to feed the ribbon through.
  9. Finally attached the bauble using a bow (so it can easily be removed)
Here is a close up of each bauble before it was attached to the card.

Watch this space for another Christmas Craft project using the Angelina Film.
I will be running some classes in the new year on using the Angelina Film with some really cute Dusty Attic chipboard die-cuts, so if you are keen to find out more, please let me know and I can send you some details about the classes.

No comments: