Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Craft Challenge 2011 - Day 5

The original star was the home-made item I made as part of the Secret Santa Swap for Crafting Passionz. I loved it so much that I decided to make myself one as well. I filled inside star completely so that it would match the felt heart I made a couple of years ago. I'm still contemplating whether or not I add some dangly bits like on the heart so it looks like a shooting star. These were really easy and great to take to work to hand stitch the running stitch around the edges as well as sewing on the sequins during my lunch break.
Original - Blue Star with Black Sequins
I love the way these oil-slick black sequins catch the light. Fiona (who I sent the Secret Santa Swap gift to) has boys - hence the blue star.
Second Star - Silver and Pink for our Christmas Tree.

No comments: